Sunday, December 12, 2010

Party dress!

With this whole sewing thing, I've started with things for myself. That way, if they're a horrible disaster, I won't feel so bad. As soon as I feel semi-adequate, I might make you something.

If you ask.

Nicely.

I've had an on-again, off-again relationship with leopard print. I kind of overdosed on it in my late teens. It's been a new development that I've been adding small accents of leopard back into my wardrobe.




Then I made this dress. There's nothing small about a blue and green leopard print. That's Jack modeling with me. I thought animal print required an actual feline in the picture.



As you can see, he's very photogenic. This dress was trickier than I thought to make. The straps are one piece for the front and back, and attaching them to the curved top of the bodice was a pain! I used a blue zipper and left it fairly exposed on the side of the dress, because I liked the contrast (and exposed zippers have been pretty trendy lately).



It took a couple of tries to get it right, but I'm quite pleased. I think it's going to be great with tights for the cold weather, or with some sandals for the sunshine. It has pockets, which is always a plus.



And Jack likes it, so that's all that really matters, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment