Sunday, November 14, 2010

University of Oregon cape

I recently got a new sewing machine. Not knowing much at all about sewing, I decided to ask my husband what he would like me to make him. This way, if I screwed it up, he probably wouldn't care.

He decided he wanted a cape. A University of Oregon Ducks cape.

So off to the fabric store we went. I got a superhero costume pattern and slightly altered the neck of the cape. It was made to snap to the inside of a costume, but I lengthened the neck parts and used a hook and eye closure instead. Michael helped pick everything out, and I am pretty happy with it. The back is shiny green material--great for a mermaid costume. The inside is UO print material. He wears it for all the Oregon football games, and there's something highly amusing about a 31 year old man running around in a cape making "whoosh" noises.


No comments:

Post a Comment